Rocky 2

Friday, November 4, 2016


It is with deep sadness that mommy had to put me to sleep on October  15, 2016.  Two days before I had some congestion and mom watched me carefully. Then on Friday October 14,2016 she took me to Mar Vista Animal Hospital and the congestion wasn't just normal because the X ray unfortunatley showed massive nodules all over my lungs and cancer all through my body. Mommy went into "automatic pilot" and after I was in Oxygen took me home but they advised I go to an Oncologist asap. She took me to the City of Angels and then broke down hysterically and cried in the lobby and couldn't speak.  They took me off and again, a professional woman Doctor had to tell mommy the bad news that they redid the testing and X rays and confirmed: no matter what, I had only maximum a couple weeks to live and no amount of money would make me well again.  It was terminal cancer. Mom went home and left me in the hospital where they did everything they could with oxygen to keep me 100% comfortable and breathing. She brought her dear nurse friend Heather to see me again at 9:00PM and had to hold the oxygen tube near my face to breathe while she held me and told me how much she loved me.  She could tell how uncomfortable and fidgety I was.  She then made the decision that Saturday early afternoon she must not let me be in pain any longer. She invited her dear sister Deborah and Heather to join her to the City of Angels and they were to put me to sleep. They held me close and again she looked into my angelic eyes and said over and over again how much she loved me, how much joy, fun and unconditional love I gave her. She thanked me again and again for the fabulous 10 1/2 years of total fun we had together. She thanked me for being an angel on earth and touched everyone I met with peace, joy and love and peace of mind.  Instead of putting me to sleep in front of her, the doctor gently gave me a shot to make me go into a deep sleep (not dead) and peacefully held me and said her final good byes.  For over 2 weeks my mommy was totally devastated and distraught. The pain of losing me was just too much for her. Her whole heart was aching in pain. She let out many deep tears, shared her grief on Facebook and in person with all those I touched. I actually touched so many people all over the world, this comforted mommy to hear their love and kind thoughts.  I will stay with her always but today she has "let me rise up more" in heaven and allowed me to run around up there in perfectly good health and play with all my new pals. I even see her old friend Louise Steinberg who loved mommy and me so much.  She will in the next 6-8 months breed to my frozen sperm and have one of my off spring.  I will come back in that body of the baby and be with mommy forever. I appeared to her twice so far on her couch and she has drawn strength and comfort from my loving presence.    Thank You Ilisa for being the best mother in the whole wide world! I'm truly an angel in heaven now and will be near you as a guiding force forever!

Love,

Rocky the Angel Therapy Dog!

No comments: