Rocky 2

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Playing with Chassidic Jewish Children....

Good evening fans!

I had a funny experience when mommy took me and a girlfriend for a walk at Burton Chase Park in Marina Del Rey the other day!  We were walking along and then I started walking really fast as I smelled delicious BBQ chicken.  We came upon a whole band of Chassidic Iranian Jews which were a few families having fun with their kids.  All were very religious and protective and the parents were "curious about me"  but at the same time cautioning their kids to  "keep away from me"!  They were bewildered but then chasing after me.  About 6 kids were feeding me table scraps amidst the screams of their parents to "be careful"  don't touch Rocky's water bowl ...it's filthy, things like that!  I was just trying my hardest to cuddle up to the children and beg  for more white rice and delcious chicken.

One older boy who must have been 10 held me leash, but not being used to touching a dog was afraid to pet me. They had a "push pull" relationship as they came only so close and then squealed and ran away.  The older boy would pull on my leash while mommy tried to tell him not to  pull me so hard. When she asked if he would merely pet my back, he wouldn't and ran off.

We tried to leave them, but I became like the piped piper of Marina  del Rey and a whole band of all their relatives started chasing after me and screaming in my ear with delight and fear! Their parents were getting all flustered as they didn't wish all their kids to run away.  They were very cute and very funny.  Mommy was getting tired of them as she was trying to take me home and drop me off as she and her friend Louise wanted to see a  fun movie.  It took 1/2 hour to finally get them to go back to their parents! It was a major adventure for them and a couple of them put their little chubby fingers on me for about 10 seconds to touch my fur and barely pet me.  I'm happy I got them to see I'm not scary at all and love kids and everyone giving me loads of attention!

Until later!

xoxo
Rocky the Angel Therapy Dog!

No comments: